Friday, April 26, 2013

"Daylight Savings Time"- M.J. Iuppa

Also read "Getting Yourself Home" by Brenda Miller

As I was reading this I was so confused on what the subject of this was. At first it seemed that it was about heartbreak, then love and lastly it was about being alone. I realized that the story about a woman who was waiting at a bus stop. She was then on the bus talking to the bus driver about his love life, and then lastly got him to stop the bus to look at a maple tree. The writer was also using long descriptive sentences in this piece.
"That autumn day was much like today's weather. Air pungent and sharp with its smells of wet leaves and earth and distant chimney smoke is loaded with melancholy, just lingering to be breathed in and set loose in a sudden gush, a thought of someone not quite forgotten, someone whose embrace felt dangerous and ticklish like electricity, like power surge before blackout." I really enjoyed reading this and I loved the way the writer wrote it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think she was waiting at a bus stop. It's a VW bus. She's the only passenger. I think they share a rendezvous at the end, though I'm wondering whether it was consensual or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she was waiting at a bus stop. It's a VW bus. She's the only passenger. I think they share a rendezvous at the end, though I'm wondering whether it was consensual or not.

    ReplyDelete